Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tag... you're it!

Here is how it works... I'm going to do a post - 5 Things You May Not Know About Me - and I'm going to list 5 people on my blog list and then they post 5 Things about themselves! :) Feel free to elaborate on your points... obviously I did!
Some of you will know all or some of these... sorry I don't have deep, dark secrets!

1. I was born in Jacksonville,FL. My dad was in the Navy and my parents were stationed at the base there. My sister Jennifer joined us a quick year and three weeks later and she was born in Illinois because my dad was away at sea and my mom was staying with her family while he was gone. That was just the beginning of many moves in my first decade. By the time I was ten I had also lived in Georgia, Ohio and South Carolina.

2) I went to college to be a high school history teacher. Senior year, the semester before I was scheduled to start student teaching I changed focus and applied for graduate school for College Student Personnel Administration. I got my undergraduate in Social Sciences... not Social Science Ed. Looking back I think it was a mistake since I really believe I should have been a high school guidance counselor and can't because I didn't get my teaching certificate. So, a mistake, probably... but regret - no. I really don't since I'm happy with my life now and who knows how that may have changed things?

3) I am a terrible eater. I don't eat fruit, only a few vegetables and never eat breakfast. I enjoy Doritos and chocolate candy way too much. None of this was a big deal... until magically the day I turned 26 the metabolism came to an abrupt halt and a good 5 (and sometimes 10) pounds have stuck with me.

4) In high school I did two things. Cheerleading and Choir. Cheerleading was my life. Instead of homework I made locker signs... glitter, markers, stickers - I spent hours and hours every week trying to make them perfect. I wasn't a good student in high school and locker signs and endless hours of practice and extra hours in the gym learning how to tumble were my excuses. (by the time I was a sophomore in college and the next three years I averaged over a 3.5). My junior year the choir was going to Northern Italy to sing in beautiful cathedrals, I was put in the tenor section because 1) my voice didn't have the same high sound after my years cheerleading 2) I had such a loud voice (imagine that, huh?) the choir director told me it would allow 9 more sopranos and 9 altos to make Viking Choir and all those people got to on the fabulous trip to Italy.

5) I have been obsessed with the political coverage with this election. Chad is over it all already and I can't get enough. I'm not a political buff... but I'm trying to learn and my interest is peaked. I'm watching all the different news stations to hear the different perspectives. It's quite repetitive, but I'm still fascinated.

Some of this got me thinking... if I'm ever lacking for posts maybe I could go back in time and share stories from long ago. Maybe like a little series... Flashback Fridays? Well once a week is kind of a big commitment, but I'll think about it.

Ok... so who's "it" next??? I'm picking 5... no particular reason (well, maybe)- but if you want to do it to even if you weren't tagged, please do!
- Ben - Texas friend that hasn't posted in a week!
- The Boyds - giving you incentive and topic for another post! And there is two of you, so you an each do your own!
- Mitzi - you're newer to blogging and I don't think you've been tagged yet.
- Jessi - same reason as above
- Amy D. - it's been fun reconnecting through the blogger world... plus I think you'll participate!

2 comments:

Alcala Family said...

Okay, I'm gonna do it. I just gotta get my brain cells active again......it's been awhile. Keep ya posted :)

Unknown said...

I also accept your challenge...while I'm watching the Lions get their first win against the Bears tomorrow I'm on it...