Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Me = Cookie Monster

Do not be alarmed... this is not turning to a "baking exploration" blog, I just wanted to share what I've been up to. Wow... how boring am I?
Since I last posted about baking the Ginger Snap cookies (and some of my challenges as baker, or anything really cooking related) I was motivated to keep trying. (It doesn't hurt that after further consumption both Chad and I came to the conclusion that they were quite delicious). So... I have made three more batches of cookies. Two attempts with Sugar Cookies and tonight I tackled Oatmeal Raisin Cookies. You won't see any picture evidence of the first sugar cookie batch because it was horrible. I used the whole wheat flour and I'm convinced it was a bad recipe and of course not my lack of baking skills. They tasted like cardboard... seriously.
I remembered my lesson of cutting the recipes into 1/2 or even 1/4 to try and not make too many!!!
I hit up the grocery store Monday and picked up regular flour and other ingredients to prepare for another batch (and new recipe). I'll describe more in detail using the pictures...

I really thought I had everything covered... except cookie cutters. I tried to be creative and made my own pumpkin cut out with construction paper and used my handy little Pampered Chef knife.


The final product, with homemade icing on top. I wasn't happy with the pale orange, but it was taking a long time to get it darker and Chad was watching his favorite show (Heroes) and I felt bad running the electric mixer any longer. The icing was too sweet for my taste, but the kids at the playgroup today loved them and took all that was left... which I was thankful!


Tonight's Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - they turned out pretty good, although I need to add more raisins next time. Now I just need a big group of friends to share all these cookies with!

No comments: