Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sonny Times...

Last Saturday, we were still in the Chicago area and our friends The Butschers (Staci and Jason) took us to Sonny Acres. It's this massive outdoor fun place for kids. Pumpkins, playground, petting zoo, pony rides as well as some other small rides. For treats... apple cider, elephant ears and the like. There is also an apple orchard but we didn't make it that far. It was packed - and with good reason - the weather was PICTURE PERFECT. Sunny and 80 degrees. Chad wasn't too keen on going to a "pumpkin patch" for the afternoon, but was pleasantly surprised once he got there and saw all the fun things for Braden to do.

Thanks Staci and Jason - great time at Sonny Acres... as well as a great dinner and sitting by the "fire" Jason built over some beers and good conversation. Also - embarrassing Monica story below.



Braden would have been content just climbing all over the pumpkins, but little did he know what more was in store for him on this day!
Horse Ride! Horse Ride! That's all B was saying the whole time. He loved it so much he got two pony rides. And he still talks about it, yesterday he was saying "Horse Ride, nicely please".

Staci took Braden on the "Fun Slide". He loved it... and I think she did too!

Ah... the petting zoo. Braden really enjoyed this, the cow was his favorite. I think Chad liked it too!

If you are a blog follower you would know that I have taken Braden twice... but I know I'm far too jumpy and I am nervous I will pass along my jitters to B. It was great to have Chad and Staci in there with me. And good thing Chad had him busy when I ran (literally... and screaming too) out of there after a llama was trying to attack me. Ok... it wasn't about to attack, but I'm telling myself that's only because I was smart enough to leave. I was laughably terrified when Staci said, "Mon, look out" and when I turned around there was a llama - coming at me full speed, staring me down. So I ran...I screamed. I then took pictures from the outside. I know I'm a wimp and that's why Braden has is Dad to teach him not to be afraid. In my defense, there were some other kids that had the same reactions to the animals. Wait? That's my defense... that I reacted like a 3 year old... yep, that's all I got.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should have heard Monica yell, "Oh my god." I thought she was freaking out because the sheep were crowding Braden. Little did I know it was her reaction to a farm animal...