Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Sunday, October 19, 2008

I'm blaming it on the Margaritas

*** I apologize in advance for embarrassing any family that may read this and think... SERIOUSLY, Monica??? You're a mother!!! All I can say is, I don't get out much anymore. ***
While I was in Illinois I got the chance to have dinner with some friends. One night I got to see Jamie (Eisenburg) Trumbell. We were cheerleaders together for all 4 years in high school and lost touch after that... until the little website Facebook - maybe you've heard of it??? (haha). Anyway, we reconnected and went to dinner at the really cute Blue Line Diner in Bucktown and caught up as much as we could about life over the past 12 years... along with many recollections of our ridiculous behavior in high school. I also got the chance to go to my favorite... Uncle Julio's Hacienda with some other HS friends (I met up with them last time I was in town if you recall). Well... I blame this night on the fabulous and tasty sangria/margarita swirls. Different from our 3 hour dinner at Scooze last time we were served food and a bill in about an hour. Well that certainly wasn't enough catch up time so we wandered down the street until we stumbled upon a new bar, Sully's. It was so cute... just perfect for what we were looking for (that's my recommendation for it... check it out). What we weren't expecting was the late night-last people there-kept the bar open just for us until we were ready to leave kind of night. Whoa... they had a super tasty Canadian beer (it had a french name so I assume eastern Canada) so somehow... well I'm just going to let the pictures do the talking.

Jamie Trumbell and I

See... we look like nice and normal people, just some girlfriends getting together and talking about our grown up and SOPHISTICATED lives.
From L to R - Tammy Bartelsen Egglesfield, Melissa Georgi Cosgrove, Suzanne Kopulos and me
Getting rowdy... probably singing Bon Jovi... or Def Leppard - you know the Chicago crowd loves them some Livin' on a Prayer and Pour Some Sugar on Me

And we also like some old Britney... Oops I Did It Again - we are actually trying to do the dance from the video. I should have been sent home by this point.
Uh Oh... I'm behind the bar. Send me home... send me home!!!

Assuming the position... to do what? Try and drink out of the tap like a keg stand, upside down? No... that would be stupid... and impossible.
(Side note - my mouth is not on the nasty tap, the one in front of it makes it look that way... but it isn't, I promise)
Oh really... it got in your eyes, your nose, all over your face and clothes and you're laughing at yourself and serious lapse in judgement... shocking.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah! Sangria/Swirl margarita reminds me of the time we were at Blue Goose and you were drinking them like they were free!