Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Friday, October 17, 2008

Shower with Love

My dearest Katie, (she is also Braden's godmother) is the next among my closest that is going to be a mother. She's due mid-January and while it's earlier than most, we setup her baby shower so I could be there... it meant very much to me that I was able to share that with her, but I'm very sad I won't see her again until she's a momma to sweet Baby Boy Hager! I could go on and on like I usually do, but this is pretty emotional for me not to be around as all my closest friends begin their families, so I'm just going to leave it at that.
Thanks to Melissa for co-hosting with me and handing so much of the running around.
We did the shower at Vinci, an adorable Italian place in Lincoln Park. The brunch we had was amazing. We had our own private room and it was the perfect size! I had spent the earlier part of the week with Chad's mom in Quincy and she helped me make the blue eye pillows you see on the table as favors... let me be honest. I have NO clue how to sew, Paula did all of it. And when her reliable machine she's had since high school that has never broke down stopping working mid-project... she finished them by hand. I did the mixing, blending and stuffing. THANK YOU Grandma Ramsey for all our your hours late into the night of hard work!

A few of the ladies after the shower ended... can you believe the hottie to my right? That's Katie's Mom! :) And honestly, there was no memo to wear blues, grays and blacks... it's not the first time something like that happened. At Kristy's wedding we all showed up wearing black and white - ALL of us. We're just a connected group of gals!
One of the shirts I got for Katie... it's like the IPod logo, get it?

Proud momma and poppa. Katie is 26 weeks... how fabulous does she look?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Monica, my mom loves you a whole bunch after that photo comment!
-Katie
=)

Alcala Family said...

You all look GREAT. Yea, I thought the "girl" on the right was just another friend of Katies. Her mom does look great, very young.