Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Sunday, October 26, 2008

Thank goodness for second chances

I found out today that my paternal grandmother, who is 79, (lives in Pennsylvania) was rushed to the hospital yesterday after passing out. She had two heart attacks, one Friday night and another Saturday morning. Her heart was almost completely blocked and she immediately went in for a quadruple bypass surgery. While she's had a bum knee and hip problems, she's always been in relatively good health. She has never been overweight, and she lives on fruits and veggies so there isn't a good explanation why this happened. The good news... although given a 1 in 100 chance of surviving the surgery... she did!!! She'll remain in ICU for the next week for close monitoring. I was also relieved to know my grandfather wasn't alone, his brother-in-law, his wife and another cousin came to the hospital to sit with him during the 5 hour bypass. They have been married about 55 years and are close life partners.
On other hospital news, my good friend that lives in San Fran is also in the hospital ICU. I don't want to broadcast all his business, but he has a serious head injury from a fall. It does appear now that things are beginning to get better, so I'm thankful. I look forward to getting good news about his recovery in the weeks to come. He'll have a long rehab in front of him.
I share this so maybe you all can take a moment and be grateful for good health for your friends and family... and also if you have people that live far from you to give them a call this week and tell them you love them. I don't call my grandparents and some far away friends nearly enough... and I am glad I have still have the chance.

No comments: