Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Monday, October 20, 2008

Relief in sight...

Ahhh... cold beer? Margarita? Good friends? A pool? Warm weather? What's that all about you ask? Well I have officially redeemed some miles and have booked a flight to see one of my best, Ali. She's just moved to Arizona and I'll be visiting in 3 1/2 weeks! Two other friends from Illinois, Kristy and Lisa will be joining me. What am I looking forward to? Planting ourselves in the pool for 3 days, unlimited tasty beverages, take out so no one has to worry about cooking, girl talk until all hours of the night, SLEEPING IN!

Let's be realistic here... it is our hope that in the next few months I'll get pregnant again. So tell me when being pregnant for 9 months... then having 2 kids... then having to travel from Canada to meet up for a girls weekend - when really is that going to happen? Maybe 2 years at best? And even then - will I have a huge group of friends just having their first or second child? Will I have be having any more kids? Will we be able to just take a long weekend at our leisure? Who knows... hopefully, but there is no way to know for sure! My point - I need this weekend, I deserve this weekend and I'm doing it! Yay!

Also (and I'm not just talking myself into this, it's the truth) - this will be good for my sweet little boy. Braden and I spend so much time together and for the first time ever on our last trip showed quite an attachment to me, which is flattering - but not all that great for him really. A long weekend with dad in charge and no mom means that 1) it's good for me to get away and let Braden know I may be gone... but I'll be back 2) I'll need to stock the fridge with hot dogs and frozen pizza since that's really all Chad will cook 3) Braden will be excited since Chad will likely let him jump on the bed a few times while I'm gone 4) He really does love his daddy and will be 100% a-ok - which means I can leave GUILT FREE and enjoy what is sure to be a memorable girls weekend!

Oh... by the way...as I wrap this up it's 10:01pm - which is midnight in Chicago - and while Ali is on my west coast time now it's still midnight back home and that means it's ALI'S 30TH BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday Als... see ya SOON!

1 comment:

Christine said...

You totally deserve it! Have a great time.