Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Was the Bear here???

Tuesday morning I made a trip out to pickup diapers and as I was pulling out I noticed some "tracks" in our front yard. While we were in Chicago in August many neighbors told us that one of the three bears in the area was chilling in our front yard for nearly 30 minutes, but we already knew one of them had visited as they left a big pile of a present in the yard.
The grass was pretty damp so footprints were easy to leave behind. While I guess it could be human prints, I'm pretty sure it was a bear because 1) it was pretty random in direction 2) The prints had a drag to them 3) The steps were pretty close together (four paws maybe?) 4) What human in this remote area is heading into a bush of vegetation (what the Black Bear eats) with a steep hill and rocks? I took a few pictures so decide for yourself. Note - the last picture is a print that I took in the rubble... It's obvious to me and doesn't look like a human shoe print... but it's possible that this one could be like looking at an ultrasound picture of a baby early on when only the parents or other parents can spot what you're looking for.

\

No comments: