Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Monday, September 15, 2008

Visit from Fox and a Date Night!

This past weekend Paul Fox came in from Seattle. It's always so nice to have company. Friday night Paul offered to watch Braden while Chad and I went out to dinner... we quickly took him up on his offer! He took good care of our boy and we REALLY appreciated it, very much.
We haven't been on a date since our honeymoon, which was 7 months ago. Not because we are lazy about making time for it, we simply haven't really had any options, and being here without a sitter makes it impossible. Anyway - we were grateful and we headed up to Grouse Mountain and ate at Altitudes Bistro. You have to take a 6 minute gondola up the mountain 1 mile,which offers breathtaking views. We were lucky to make have our dinner as the sunset... beautiful!
It offers activities such as plenty of dining options, tandem paragliding, mountain ziplining, helicopter tours, movie theater (or theatre as they spell it in Canada), sleigh rides, ice skating, and what's most popular is skiing and snowboarding. There is also something called snowshoeing, and I didn't know what this was - so I looked it up... then felt a bit dumb since it is kind of obvious, but in case you don't know either, it's basically doing all the hiking trails in the snow, but you wear certain large shoes and walking/ski poles.
Now, as for the restaurant itself, the food was tasty, small portions, but probably more places should do that because I ate all my food and left full... but not stuffed. The waitress was not good. Some time I'll post more about dining in Canada, it's a bit different.
Scroll down for pictures and some description about the rest of the weekend.

Our "ride" up the mountain

Sunset from the top of Grouse Mountain

Out on a date! Yay!


Saturday morning Chad and Paul golfed at Furry Creek. Braden and I were out all morning and into the afternoon... which made him overtired and he didn't have a nap until him and Dad snoozed together. Paul napped while watching College Football and I caught up on my US Weekly.

Chad and Braden were outside together and Paul noticed this chance for a picture

Below - Paul participated in our Football Sunday tradition

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am so glad that Paul is so close and you guys all get the opportunity to be together! The sunset looked absolutely beautiful for your dinner-how romantic...