Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Saturday, September 6, 2008

SPA-tacular!

Today I got to enjoy the Spa Day that Chad got me for my 30th birthday. He did some research and asked some clients for recommendations and came up with this adorable, trendy Salon and Spa called Pink Lime. It was located in a cute area of Vancouver, the street looked like a lot of old warehouses converted into shops and restaurants. I should mention that I get downtown every so often, but not all the time, and usually with a specific purpose and then getting home again to try and keep Braden on schedule for his afternoon nap. The weather today was perfect - 72 and sunny, people were everywhere and I saw a street fest on Davie St -it really made me miss living downtown in a big city. Not so much that I would give up all the space we have in our home now, a lawn and the beautiful views... but it reminded me city living as it perks! Everything just steps away and on nice days there aren't many other places you'd rather be to people watch, window shop and take it all in.
Back to the Spa Day. It was fabulous... it took 4 hours and the time flew by! It took more than 2 hours for my massage and facial, and the remaining time was a manicure and fancy pedicure. Massage - fabulous of course. The facial - I've never had one before and I really enjoyed it. The person told me I had "dry skin" and recommended I purchase 4 step process with the products ranging from $45-$95 each. No thanks, I'll pass. My skin is in pretty good shape and if I really feel compelled to cleanse, tone, exfoliate and moisturize each morning and night I'll be heading to Walmart to give some products a whirl.

The final part of the day - what girl doesn't love a good mani/pedi???

So - Chad and I discussed tonight and unless I specifically am in need of something else at the time a Spa Day is completely acceptable at least once a year for my "special" days - Mother's Day, Christmas or my Birthday. Say what you want... a day at the Spa is not something I'd get sick of! Not to mention it was just nice to have a whole day to myself... even the time in the car jamming out to 80s hits along the gorgeous Sea to Sky Highway was enjoyable. A perfect day... THANK YOU hubby for the wonderful present and for taking care of our boy while I got to enjoy doing something for myself.

No comments: