Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Big Day Out

In recent posts I have referred to the Big Day Out Braden and I had on Monday. Actually the past week and half we have been out doing as much as possible to enjoy this fantastic weather. We've discovered parks in West Vancouver and Vancouver, as well as Stanley Park. Braden LOVES being with other kids and playing at the park. It does make me sad we don't have one in our neighborhood and have to drive at least 20 minutes to get to one... and 35 minutes for a decent one. His new favorite things to say this week... "Kids everywhere"and "Park fun". We started by going to the Aquarium... now it wasn't the best one I've been to, but it was very, very exciting for B. His favorites were the Beluga Whales, the Dolphin Show, and the Sea Turtle/Shark tank. Even today he's still talking about the Whales and the Sharks.
After the Aquarium, came the infamous caricature drawing. From there we strolled over and grabbed some lunch at an outdoor patio. It was Braden's nap time so I was lucky he conked out in the stroller and I walked Stanley Park... it's HUGE... and beautiful and as a lot of different things to offer. I wish I had taken advantage of it more this summer. Once Braden woke up we went to the park at Second Beach... and finally after that we made it back home. It was a perfect day! :)
Jelly fish exhibit


I saw these when I was getting a drink and had to take a picture... who wants "Wild Onion and Yogurt" Potato Chips???



The Sea Turtles and the Sharks

The Stanley Park and Grill - where we went for lunch

On our walk through the Park... a shot of downtown Vancouver

Also in the park, Totem Poles (and originally I typed out something describing them as Native American... but I'm in Canada... duh!)


Interior of the Park

At the playground... kid loves to swing. He's wearing my sunglasses that are way to big - but he was looking right into the sun so we made it work. Actually, the fit around his head, he has a big head, the lenses are just too big and and feminine.

A tube slide, a new experience for B... I'm glad it wasn't crowded and there were two of these slides because Braden talked to me through the slide for several minutes each time.

1 comment:

amyd713 said...

you know who buys the onion and yogurt chips...the same person who buys the "pimple candy"...in case you do not know what i am talking about refer to my blog...re: a YUMMY dollar tree find.