Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, November 19, 2008

You can just call me a...

SLACKER! I know I'm not the only person out there that feels this way sometimes. First, let me explain. In college remember how it wasn't always mandatory to keep up with the reading, maybe 20 pages a week, that's pretty reasonable, right? Except when you don't keep up and have to try and read 100 pages about Economics in just 2 days before the midterm (who am I kidding... I still didn't read my Econ book, that was heavy stuff to sort through, but I went to class, took notes and guessed right on tests so I still got an A... the curve didn't hurt either). Man... sidetracked once again - back to my story. I'm sure I'm not making myself clear, so another example - laundry. If you just kept up with laundry it isn't a big deal. However if you let it pile up until you're just about out of undergarments it stares you in the face and the task just seems too big to tackle... but eventually you know you will have to get it done (unless you just run to the store and buy more underwear.) :)
Enough procrastination, I'll just get to the point specifically.

I'm Monica and I'm an Email Slacker.

This has happened to me a few times since I've moved to Canada. There are so many people I want to stay in touch with, on a personal level, not just my self-absorbed story telling blogging world. Well... with so many more emails from people all across the country I keep falling behind. But I have a good excuse (maybe?). Hear me out and try to forgive me if you are one of my dear friends I haven't gotten back to in 3 weeks (my friend Melissa from high school is probably laughing to herself since she has busted me several times). My reason is not (purely) laziness.
Rather... I put it off so I have time to give a thoughtful, sincere, lengthy response and give it the attention it deserves. That's my genuine reason. It's always easy to write back a line or two, but when it's someone I haven't communicated with in awhile I want to make sure I'm asking thoughtful, prompting questions about their life. I actually enjoy writing and sending these emails... except when I fall behind - and then I am reminded that its like too much laundry or an Economics book. And now I find myself with oodles of emails -and if I could just get myself to do a few a day it wouldn't be hard, but instead I'm thinking that I have to do it all at one time which I know - is silly. So - that's my big thing to do this week - get back to people! I'm really (100% honestly) sorry for not doing it sooner, it's nothing personal and I DO care how life is going and I DO love getting the emails from all of you (don't stop!).
Sidenote - Being on vaca last week and getting sucked into the Twilight Series added another week delay to this whole process.
Ok, now that is there I can just link to this post in my email response to avoid typing all that over and over and over again! :) Task one complete...


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha! Welcome to Canada! I'm an email slacker too. . you aren't alone! I'm enjoying your stories. . just don't become a blog slacker alright :)