Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

I Can Finally Relax...

Why? Many reasons. The first that just happened 5 minutes ago... and really set my mind at ease... I found my missing camera. Whew... that would have been a HUGE problem, and thankfully I don't have to think about crying or throwing a tantrum like my son (not that I haven't had a great role model lately to show me how to do it best... he's almost two - I don't think I need to elaborate further).
Why else it is time to relax??? Well if you remember I booked to trip to visit my dear friend Ali who just relocated to Scottsdale... as in ARIZONA. The weather forecast is low 80s and sunny, which is picture perfect. Two other friends (Lisa and Kristy) are coming in from Illinois. We'll have cocktails (too many) poolside and maybe even venture out once or twice (but even if we didn't... I'd be perfectly happy and content). Now that I've reminded you (and made those in the midwest jealous), I can tell you that I leave tomorrow and will not return until Monday afternoon.
Not only will I get to see some fabulous friends in perfect weather, I will also be able to freely have cold beers, or tasty frozen margaritas... without being concerned about getting up in the morning to spend time with the little man. Does that mean I could sleep in until 10am??? That would be amazing! (Not that I think I can even sleep in that late anymore, on our honeymoon I couldn't sleep past 9am, but I am MORE than willing to try). I also will not have to cook a meal for 5 days.
As most things in life it's a tad bittersweet. I know that despite my excitement to get a vaca and break from my job as a full time mommy I will really miss Braden (probably too much, and by Saturday I'm sure I'll have to remember not to call 5 times a day to check in - hello -calling international!). He's really just such a sweet and funny kid, and I enjoy him - he's my buddy! I must also thank my SUPER husband that makes it all possible for me to have this getaway, and also does such a great job with our son day to day.

Oh... and I can't forget I'm also NOT looking forward to being in a bikini. But since I'll be among close friends and this lady is spoken for - it makes the impossible... possible.

So long and farewell, "overcast,chilly, it-hasn't-stopped-raining-in-3 weeks" British Columbia! Hello sunny Arizona!

No comments: