Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Monday, November 24, 2008

ABC...WHY?

The past few weeks Big B has started asking "Why?" quite a bit. I was prepared that it's part of the process as they are such sponges for knowledge at this age. I'm glad he does it most of the time because it reminds me to pause for moment and remember he's taking it all in and if I'm not telling him "why"... how else will he learn?
On the flip side there are a lot of "why" questions that really have the same answer "because I said so". I've tried not to use that and instead give him valid answers and reasons. For instance....
Me: Braden - it's time to go Nite Nite
Braden: Nooooo.... why? (picture a whiny voice)
Me: Because you need your sleep so you can have lots of energy to play with dad when he gets home tonight! :)

I know all of this is no crazy news - kids ask questions. I'm writing because today I noticed that every time he's asked me "why" it's gone like this:
Me: Braden - its time to leave (we were at a playgroup)
Braden: X-Why?
Or for nap time today:
Me: It's time to sleep
Braden: No... X-Why?

See what is happening here? Big B is saying X-Y like the alphabet, but trying to ask "Why". Once I realized what he was doing I got a little chuckle.

No comments: