Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Whew... where to begin???

*** I'll warn you now, this post is all over the place and full of random thoughts. There is no logic or flow so bare with me - it's kind of a good example of how out of sorts I'm feeling.***
So... we're back. Actually, Braden and I are back. Chad leaves today for Calgary, poor guy wasn't even home 10 hours. In that time he did unpack all his suitcases (only to have to pack another) and woke up early to mow our overgrown lawn. Thank you Chad! :)
Yesterday was a lloooonnnnggg travel day. Braden actually did pretty well all things considered and slept for 3 hours of the 4 1/2 hour flight. I think the traveling was a bit harder on Chad and I. Until we were in our cars on our way from Seattle back to Canada we both had a bit of a short fuse (sorry Chad... love you!). But all is well and we're back. It's really bittersweet... it was SO great to spend time with friends and family and to be there for Becki and Jeremy at their wedding, but it's nice to be back to sleeping in our own beds. Although I'm not thrilled about all the laundry and cleaning up I need to get done. Braden and I were out the door by 7:30 this morning to go grocery shopping since we had none of the basics. I think I'm pretty lucky with Braden readjusting to things here, he is taking a nap now and if he sleeps 2 1/2 hours then it's safe to say he's back on schedule. He was a real trooper the past 2 1/2 weeks as we dragged him ALL over. It finally caught up to him Sunday morning and he was sleep deprived and cranky Sunday and Monday (sorry to the DeKalb crew and Ami and Jack he wasn't his usual happy self!).
I have many stories and pictures to share and I'll start to work on that tonight. Although I must say now I am VERY disappointed in myself because I was not good at taking some pretty important pictures. I failed to get shots of Braden with my family and Chad's family. I got a couple of all the kids... but I didn't get pictures with the elders and for that I'm very sorry. Also - Chad, Braden and I took a trip to Navy Pier on Sunday, only to discover that my camera had a dead battery. I was heartbroken, it was the perfect weather, some firsts for Braden and I missed it. Missing family pics and our Sunday outing combined with my pregnancy hormones I was brought to tears.
So - I'm going to take advantage of Braden sleeping to get some things done... starting with watering my flowers... they are in bad shape right now and I only hope with some TLC some can be saved.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Glad you're back! I've missed hearing from you. :)

And that belly! It's gorgeous.