Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Sunday, August 31, 2008

303030303030303030


That's right... this past week I had my 30th birthday. We didn't do much since there wasn't much to do, but I have to say I was quite impressed with my husband's thoughtfulness! And I will appreciate it even more when I'm at my Spa Day next Saturday (I cannot wait.. really cannot wait, it was EXACTLY what I wanted... and after the last few weeks something I desperately need).
Funny story though... so I LOVE cake. Chad does not. Honestly, I just didn't think getting a cake for my 30 years was something he would think about... sorry Chad! Last Wednesday when I went into Squamish to get dinner take out, I stopped into the grocery store and was hoping for one of those pieces of cake they sell from the leftover whole cakes that don't sell the day or two before (which they do not do in Canada, ok, maybe they do - but not at the store I was at). So... I had a decision - get a whole cake or none. Well dammit, it's my 30th birthday and we weren't going out to dinner and I couldn't have drinks so I was going to have my cake! I proceeded to the checkout line and Braden is with me... the lady behind me was making small talk and asked if the cake was for my son's birthday.

The right answer would have been "yes".

My answer, "No, it's for me actually. It's my 30th birthday and my husband hates cake but I just had to be sure I had cake since we're from the US and we don't have any friends or family we're celebrating with and I just wanted to treat myself".

First of all - she didn't ask for all of that information - and kind of pathetic I'm telling all this to a total stranger.

So... I get home (and as I unpack the food realize that they forgot part of the order and now I would have to cook something anyway) so I'm a little feisty. Chad gets home late (after being stuck in traffic - and there is almost never traffic) he tells me to hide out for a few minutes... I come back out and what has my thoughtful husband gotten me... A CAKE! (See Chad - you are much more observant than you give yourself credit for!) I should also note that Chad's cake was very cute!

All weekend we have had TWO cakes to get through. Aside from the obvious problem of this being far too much cake for my waistline in one weekend - it was great! I refuse to feel guilty about it! (But I will clarify that these were not two sheet cakes... just the smaller round ones... ok - maybe I do feel a little guilty!)

In addition to the Spa Day and a cake - Chad brought me a huge bouquet of flowers... which I LOVE. It's great to have everything cleaned up and see a beautiful vase of flowers, it adds so much to the home! So... it was a very low key 30th birthday evening (Chad was in bed by 9:00 and I was asleep by 10:00). But it was very nice and Chad you did a wonderful job... Thank You!

1 comment:

Heather said...

Reminds me so much of my 30th in Virginia. 9 months pregnant with no family or friends around. I can relate! Happy 30th Mon. We wish we could have been there to celebrate with you!!
Heather