Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Chad and Mon's 100 List

Last week I did the 100 list Challenge and this week I'm doing one for Chad and I... enjoy! Maybe you'll learn something new, chuckle, or maybe I will have bored you.

1) We met at a Leadership Conference called LeaderShape in May of 1999.
2) We were just good friends for about 2 years.
3) Chad at the time was "Sigma Chi Cool"
4) This means that he was in black pants, dress shirts and matching black leather jackets with the rest of his ISU Sigma Chi crew anytime they left the house after 9pm.

5) You could always spot them across the bar, I didn't know them at the time and wondered "why do these guys always dress alike?"
6) I shouldn't talk, in college I had a pair of "pleather" black pants

7) My friend made me a scrapbook and put in a picture of me wearing these and I was so embarrassed

8) After 2 years Chad decided he wanted to date me

9) But I wasn't all that interested

10) It just made him want me more, he thought I was playing hard to get

11) But really.... I wasn't all that interested

12) It didn't stop me from making out with him once after too many cocktails

13) But we went back to being friends very quickly

14) We started really dating a little over year after that (and obviously by then I was very interested!)

15) That was February of 2002

16) We've been together for the"better part" of the past 6 1/2 years

17) Which means we had some "growing pains" along the way - but a lot of 20 somethings will

18) We bought our first condo together and closed on March 15, 2006

19) And we found out we were pregnant with Braden on April 2, 2006!

20) Chad purposed on March 2, 2007
21) I have a really strange knack for remembering dates

22) The master bath in our condo had a single sink vanity, we hated that

23) The place we live in now has a large bathroom and double sink vanity

24) But oddly, we still use the same sink

25) Chad is the Sales Manager for Western Canada for Intercall

26) He's been with Intercall for almost 7 years

27) After grad school I worked for my sorority executive office (Delta Delta Delta)

28) The office is in Arlington, TX and I lived downtown Dallas

29) I loved living in Texas

30) I'm VERY open to the idea of settling there permanently one day

31) Chad isn't... but I think I'm wearing him down

32) I'm surprised we're in Vancouver since I NEVER thought Chad would leave Chicago

33) We both miss Chicago friends and family very much

34) But agree that this is where we need to be now

35) Although we don't know many people here

36) And haven't had a one on one date since our honeymoon

37) That's sad isn't it?

38) I think we forget since life with toddler keeps you busy

39) And because we see a lot of each other here in Canada... since we really only see each other in Canada

40) I predict that for the 3rd (maybe 4th) year in a row my fantasy football team will rank higher than Chad's

41) Chad is a great dad

42) He adores Braden
43) I'm lucky that he helps around the house too

44) I cook... he does the dishes

45) I start laundry... he usually finishes it

46) I sweep... he takes out the garbage

47) I grocery shop and do the errands... he does the lawn

48) Somehow I got stuck with washing the hardwood floors

49) I despise washing the hardwood floors

50) But some things you just have to do yourself or they won't get done

51) Chad gets Braden each morning to change him, give him some juice

52) So Braden and I can lay in bed together for about 30-45 minutes while he leaves for work

53) Chad is a good morning person
54) I am not a good morning person

55) We got married January 26, 2008!



56) We went to St Lucia for our honeymoon




57 ) It was the best trip ever...



58) If you have a child and can go away on a trip when they are 14 months old and reconnect as a couple... DO IT. It was wonderful


59) Pre-Braden days Chad and I went out... a lot... there are many people that might say we went out too much

60) Favorite place to go out...Sundays - Football - Joes - Sunday Funday!

61) My bachelorette party was a "Sunday Funday"






62) Before the bar to watch the Bears game the limo took us to Soldier Field for photos! (yes, that's me doing "The Heisman")





63) Chad's bachelor party was in Austin, TX
64) Those guys go on a lot of trips for bachelor parties... Vegas, Ozarks, Minnesota, Austin
65) He owes me a girls trip
66) I'll redeem that girls trip when I'm done having kids
67) And by then I will not feel guilty because I know I will deserve a MASSIVELY wonderful (and week long) girls trip! :)
68) I have wonderful, amazing friends, they are truly like family to me
69) I miss them very much
70) But so far we've kept in good touch, and when I saw them it was like I never left
71) Chad will watch any movie, any genre
72) He will also watch the same movie over and over (and over) again even if he doesn't like it that much just because it's on TV
73) Chad's favorite movie is.... (sorry Chad - I have to do it) is Notting Hill


74) My favorite athlete is Tom Brady - I've been a fan for 6 years
75) And not JUST because he's All-American Yum-Yum!
76) Braden was at first going to be named Brady (and he may wind up using Brady, we're going to let him decide)
77) If Chad wasn't doing what he was doing and was going to work with his hands he'd probably be a carpenter (he says it's something he doesn't know how to do... but would love to be skilled at)
78) He really likes doing things around the house
79) I very much appreciate that about him
80) I do not know why I'm still hanging on to clothes of mine Pre-Braden that are a size two... I mean... MAYBE a four (some day... sigh) with lot of hard work... but a 2??? Those days are gone, I need to let it go
81) Chad is not a picky eater
82) Which is lucky for me... because 1) I am a picky eater, it would be too hard to feed two picky eaters! and 2) Despite my effort, I do not have a knack in the kitchen
83) But I keep trying
84) Why is it that I follow a recipe a friend gives me so I know it's good, but when I make it I don't get the same yummy satisfaction?
85) My "old stand by" is Shake-in-Bake, mashed potatoes and roles (with veggies added for Braden)
86) Chad only has a few things he cares about when it comes to food and the most important is that he doesn't have to cook it
87) He doesn't like anything with peanut butter, scalloped potatoes or green bean casserole
88) Chad is kind to me... he puts up with what some may call at times a bit of "nagging"
89) But at least I recognize without having to be called out and it's a personal goal to work on it
90) Both Chad and I have never lived alone... after college we lived with roommates before we moved in together
91) I just realized I'm kind of boring, sorry
92) Chad was born in Kansas
93) I was born in Florida
94) Chad and his brother Keith are 1 year, 4 days apart in age.
95) My sister and I are 1 year, 24 days apart
96) I give our moms a lot of credit... that would be a lot of hard work
97) Probably why both of them stopped after two kids :)
98) I look forward to a happy future with Chad and growing OLD together!
99) While it's so hard to be away from friends and family... we are both happy to be living in this nice home, in this beautiful part of the world, and we know it's a step in the process that will bring us closer to our dreams and long term goals. So...yay Vancouver!
100) I don't say it enough... Love you Chad! :) Thanks for everything!

No comments: