Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Sunday, August 24, 2008

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???


WARNING - Football talk.

Most of you know... but in case you don't. I am one of the girl that really enjoys fantasy football. This is now my 5 year playing (can that be right... yes it is). I haven't won first place yet (I was robbed in the semi-finals game 2 years ago in the Chicago/Atlanta game. I lost that game by less than 2 points and easily would have cruised through the following week to win it all. I'm not bitter...
Last year I finished 5th... of 14. So I'm in a 14 team league (which is pretty tough because it's VERY slim pickings the second half of the draft. We start 8...we bench 8 (For three years now I've asked to go to 5 bench spots and haven't won that arguement yet). Here is a breakdown of my team... I had the #1 pick this year. I actually prefer the 4th pick.

TEAM NAME: MONSTER MASH
Starters
QB - Carson Palmer - CIN
RB - LaDainian Tomlinson - SD
WR/RB - Edgerrin James -ARZ
WR - Wes Welker - NE
WR - Jericcho Cotchery - NYJ
TE - Ben Watson - NE
K - Nate Kaeding - SD
DEF - Chicago
Bench
QB -Jamarcus Russell - OAK
RB - Chris Brown - HOU
WR/RB - Derrick Mason - BAL
WR - Mussin Muhammad - CAR
WR - Limas Sweed - PIT
TE - Tony Scheffler - DEN
K - Matt Stover - BAL
DEF - Arizona

With all that - I'm a bit concerned about my RB situation if someone gets injured... and my WR. Cotchery could be a good pick - but it all depends on how he connects with Farve. My back up WR aren't all that strong, but we won't really know until the season starts. There were a few times I could have gotten more of a "name" but the bye weeks weren't working out so I kept that in mind. All in all... I'm optimistic but we'll just have to see how it all plays out... starting September 4th!

1 comment:

Chad Ramsey said...

If I were to have a worse record than Monica, I would just tell her that my league is more competitive.