Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Another random thought


So... something has been bothering me about the Canadian gas pump...

- Aside from the high prices (Which is now $1.37 per litre (or is it liter) - it was as high as $1.45, when moved here it was $1.09). Point of reference 3.79 liters = 1 gallon and right now gas is $5.19 a gallon.

- And despite the crazy taxing PER liter - 30.5 cents... so thats $1.16 a gallon - just in taxes for the federal, provincial and Vancouver municipality... the average US tax on each gallon is 47 cents. (I looked this up online, but if you know I'm wrong about the US tax let me know so I am better informed)

- But I have to tell you that what is really annoying... the pump itself. I remember the sweet old days in the US when you put the nozzle in... lock it up so it pumps itself. I usually used this time to throw some trash out of the car (with a toddler this adds up quickly), wash a window, or in the winter simply escape back to the car out of the bitter cold. In Canada there is no lock that pumps itself... so you have to stand the whole time and hold the nozzle. Just an example of how you don't know that you would miss the lock on the nozzle until it's gone.

Now I realize this is something so silly to complain about... but it's been annoying me for awhile now and since I'm convinced the nice weather is behind us I'm dreading doing this in the cold... not to mention the mess of things in the car!

No comments: