Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Friday, July 4, 2008

Whistler


In the middle of Whistler Village - it's so cute there!

I'm back to posting a bit more about my friends trip and picking up where I left off... that Sunday morning Chad and Paul got up EARLY to squeeze in a round of golf before we left for Whistler since they were on Braden duty that afternoon. From the sounds of it those two will never tire of this scenic golf course.
Once we brought Braden to them to have lunch there we took off and scrambled to Whistler to get a ride up the mountain. When I was originally doing my research I thought the Gondola rides (fitting 10 people each) would be our ride of choice - however it's still under construction. The Wizard Express at the Blackcomb Mountain took us up 2/3 of the mountain and while the weather below was sunny and warm... it was VERY cold as we went up... they had even warned us of hail up there (which thankfully we avoided!). At first I was sad that we wouldn't be taking the Gondola - but the Wizard Express (i.e. chair lift) suited us just fine... and for only $20! The ride was about 45 minutes up... and 45 minutes back. On the way we saw a Bear and Staci and Ali caught a glimpse of some other creature we never identified. All in all a big hit!
After that we finally got to get our very delayed lunch - but by then it was about 4:00 - so it turned into an early dinner. We ate in the middle of the square at Whistler Village, it was outdoors and gave us a good chance to people watch.


We didn't have time for a sit down lunch before so we stopped at a bakery and got something to hold us over... in Whistler Village

Ali and Staci on the Wizard Express

Scenic picture of all of us 2/3 up the mountain... BRRR!

Another scenic shot from the top... my pictures don't do it justice - it was really beautiful!

Katie, Ali and Lisa enjoying our late lunch/early dinner

Staci and I at the outdoor restaurant

No comments: