Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Cravings...

I'm obviously very, very excited to see friends and family at the end of this week when I touch down in Illinois... but want to know what else I am excited about... NOT COOKING FOR 2 1/2 WEEKS! I mean - I'm sure I'll eat homecooked meals with in Homewood and Quincy... but I'll also be having some of my favorites!!! Keep in mind it's because 1) we live far from delivery or take out 2) some of these places do not exist in Canada




Aurelios - best thin crust pizza ever, Homewood is the original location. I cannot wait. I was supposed to get it on Tuesday, August 5th - but I'm not sure I can wait - we may have to get it this Friday. I'll take a large cheese - baked in the old oven please.



Panera Bread - even though I'm mad they got rid of the Asiago Roll that used to be home to my favorite Sierra Turkey sandwich - I'll forgive them because they still have great soup and the Asiago Bagel (I hope!?!)





Uncle Julio's Hacienda - Without question the best fajitas in the world... seriously, I am not kidding, anyone I have ever taken as agreed. If you're from Chicago and you haven't been there... YOU MUST! And if you're visiting Chicago and looking for great food... GO HERE! Not to mention their FANTASTIC sangria-margarita swirls... now I'm really sad I'm missing those this time around. Girls get ready - 8/6




Chipotle - I know they are everywhere in the US - but we haven't found them here and I am really excited to have a steak burrito. Drooling just thinking about it.





Great American Bagel - Maybe it's because I'm pregnant - or maybe just because I'm far from home and this place reminds me so much of my high school days when at least three times a week I'd eat a plain bagel toasted with chive cream cheese.

Maybe I should consider the fact I'm going to scare my doctor with such a rapid weight gain from overeating while I'm gone... but isn't that what you're supposed to do when you're a visitor in the Windy City???

2 comments:

Heather said...

Since arriving in Illinois last week, I have had Chipotle twice already so I know how you feel:( We at least are getting one finally near us in Virginia! See you guys soon! Cannot wait...

Heather

Anonymous said...

Hey...I just had Panera bread the other day. I had the Sierra Turkey and whatever it comes on is really good. See you soon.