Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Ok... I'm the one that's jumpy

Last time I took Braden to Maplewood Farm I used the logical excuse that I couldn't take him into the petting parts because I had a stoller, a bag and a toddler on the loose, I just didn't feel like I had enough hands to keep things smooth. My plan was to wait for Chad to join us next time when one of us (me) could sit back with our things while the other (Chad) took him in to pet the Goats and Bunnies and get up close to other animals.
Well.... seeing that it's already the end of July and looking for a fun activity for Braden while Chad was out of town last weekend I took him back to the Farm. I thought this time, he's better about being out of the stroller now so we won't even bring that in with us, and the car is close enough when we need a diaper change we'll go out there. So armed with juice, a camera, and a hat for him we were off, and it turns out...
That maybe the stroller and bags last time were a safety net for me. This time I had to take him to the Goat Hill and into the Bunnies' place, and it turns out I was pretty jumpy. Unexpected movements towards me made me a little anxious, unexpected movements towards Braden made me a lot anxious. But I dug deep and did my best to play it off (afterall... can't have our boy afraid of tiny bunny rabbits!). I was a little surprised I was so uneasy... I mean the animals there are nice, they are around children all the time. Why was I such a chicken? (Speaking of chickens, they let them lose and they are everywhere... round a corner and one could be staring you down... creeped me out on a few occasions.) I'm embarassed I wasn't more grown up about it and I'm sure other people noticed, but hopefully Braden didn't.

With all that said... he had fun. He LOVED, LOVED, LOVED the bunnies. He was SO excited to be in there with them and wanted to pet each one of them. He also liked the horses, the pony and even the scary turkey (have you ever seen a very, very large turkey - they are not nice). He was also a fan of the Donkey - and I have a little video clip you can check out. It's not very long and sometimes you have to hit play twice.


Look at all of these bunnies!!! Can I pet them, please???

1 comment:

Mitzi said...

The little man is WAY to cute! Love the video!