Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Ciao Bella!!!

It seems with all that's been going on the last few weeks (which when I look back on it doesn't seem like much, but I'm not sure where the time has gone) I had failed to complete posting on the girls trip to Vancouver last month! We left off on that Sunday we went to Whistler and Shannon Falls... only one more post to go, the last day there were here.
We started off by taking it easy that morning and didn't leave the house until about noon. We went to Granville Island to eat at The Sandbar and take in some sights and enjoy nice weather (the weather had kind of been chilly all week they were here until the very last day and it's been picture perfect ever since!). We were just in a low key mode and took our time until we had to pick up the rental car they would be driving back to Seattle the next morning (which kind of became a bit of a debacle, but it only wasted an hour or so of time). We checked into our hotel... since it was a Monday and the place wasn't booked solid we got a free upgrade to a two room suite. The hotel was nice enough, it wasn't the fanciest place in town, but the location was great and we walked to dinner. Since I had never really been out to socialize in downtown Vancouver I was a bit nervous how it would all go down... but it was truly perfect. The tiny Italian resturant was the perfect atmosphere for talking and the food was excellent. We all agreed that Ciao Bella was just the place to have our final dinner together. Which after some internet investigation I found out means, "Good-bye Beautiful" - how fitting! I was saying goodbye to my beautiful friends! After dinner, we stopped at a pub for another drink or two (well... I had actually found out that morning I was pregnant so I passed on the wine that looked fabulous at dinner and the beers that followed). The company in the bar was a little creepy so we didn't stay that long. We were home before midnight - which is what we needed to do since the girls had to get up so early to drive back to Seattle so Ali could catch her 9:30 flight. I've said it before... and I'll say it one final time... it was SO great to have them all here. It meant so much to me. I will never forget it!
In front of our house in Furry Creek, getting ready to leave the place for good.
Relaxing outside at Granville Island on one of the piers.
Lisa, Katie, Staci and Ali at Granville Island

Monica and Katie baby bump to baby bump - although at 5 weeks and 11 weeks respectively there isn't too much to look at... yet!

The PG girls take in some water and pretend to enjoy it as they look across the table longingly at the bottle (or was it two) that the other three ladies put down!

Oh Ciao Bella... we enjoyed you so much!

At the bar after dinner... it was the guy we asked to take the picture that got all creepy so we left after this.

So sad... it's Tuesday morning and Katie, Lisa, Staci and Ali are leaving to go back to Illinois! At least I know now when I write this I'll see you all on SATURDAY! Yay!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved that resturant. You should make sure that you and Chad go there sometime when you are craving really good Italian food. I had such a wonderful time while we were there. Thanks for everything. I can not wait to see you soon.