Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Thursday, July 17, 2008

Man oh man...

Today I have quite a loud kid that is starting to the last of his back molars... I traded "Wine" for "Whine"... holy cow!
And as I had just typed that out... I stopped and went over to him. He just wasn't being himself and I just knew something else was wrong... and I discovered that his on his third tow the entire toenail is hanging off!!!!! He gave me no indication of pain on his foot or toe, and there was no blood or bruise so it's not like he banged into anything? It's an unexplained mystery. So with a bandage, some ibuprofen to take the edge off and a full belly the boy can take a nice nap while I look up on the internet how to prevent an infection because that toe nail isn't making through the day before it's off completely.
And I know... I need to be tougher than this because he's a boy and he's going to have a lot more severe bumps, bruises, scrapes, broken bones, cuts...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mon, I just paged one of our pediatricians. I'll let you know if I find out anything valuable. Poor little guy...

Anonymous said...

Dr. Ben Lee, a pediatrician at Children's Medical Center Dallas, says this boo boo probably isn't anything to worry about. He says typically, when a toe nail falls off, the skin underneath will harden and a new nail will grow. You shouldn't need to use any ointments or bandages to cover the nail bed - unless it becomes infected, swollen or is oozing "stuff." (He didn't say "stuff," I did. :) If it does become infected, you may want to call his doc. Otherwise, your tough little guy will probably forget its gone!

Hugs.