Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Monday, May 11, 2009

Parks... and more parks... the child is obsessed.


We had some fabulous weather the week before last and Big B and I spent a Friday touring several park areas just minutes from us in Ferndale. As most kids his age, he loves his time at the playground, and maybe his obsession is completely normal... because if I would let him play at the park non-stop, he would. In fact, Chad and I have discussed conducting an experiment to how long he will stay... would he be ready to leave after 3 hours? 5 hours?

Hovander Park, which is about 5 minutes from the house has some farm animals for the enjoyment of the kiddos... it worked on my little guy. I wasn't personally crazy about the roosters and chickens that were just roaming free... but I tried to play it cool. This is one of the turkeys... have you ever observed turkeys? They aren't that friendly, they huff and puff and stomp about just angry all the time.

Playground at Hovander Park

The Fragrance Garden... and see the lighthouse in the background. My son got scared about 1/2 way up... my pregnant self carried him up the rest of the way up (I managed to convince him it was ok by the time we were on the way down). As you can see, Braden was more interested pretending to breakdance that stand up for the picture.

Pioneer Park... a cute assortment of original log cabins. Next door is the best playground we've found for Braden yet.

No comments: