Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

No news... is good news

Last Friday, Braden and I took a day trip to Seattle to visit the Children's Hospital to follow up with his bradycardia/2:1 heart block issues. We had a full check out and another EKG... and when all was said and done, his condition remains the same. In this case, no change is good news. At his 3rd birthday, in 6 months (gulp... how fast that is coming, three years old, oh my), we will travel back to Seattle and have an ECHO (ultrasound of the heart) and a 24 hour holter monitor. Since Braden has no symptoms and physically speaking he appears to have great strength (and endless... I mean never. ending. energy) there is not any predictable cardiac danger. Long term, we take it as it goes, but if things continue to progress as they are now, with no changes he will have no limitations or medical interventions(pacemaker) or medications. As he becomes more active with things like swim classes, gymnastics, soccer (next spring) and such we just need to watch how he's responding as he pushes himself further physically.

So after the doctor we were in Seattle on a B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L day. We were going to hit up the zoo, but I decided it's better off a two adult kind of job. We instead stumbled into Seattle Center. There was a huge music festival going on, so we took a walk through that, ate some lunch and finished the day on some kiddie rides. Seattle Center is home to the Science Center, Children's Museum, the Space Needle, Fun Forest, a huge Park, and many other things. It reminded me of Navy Pier in Chicago, it's much different, but it's a similar concept. Braden was so happy and had a blast, he slept the whole way home and with the holiday traffic was about 2 1/2 hours. I enjoyed my day out with my little man, and was even happier that the visit to the doctor was a success! The Park at Seattle Center, we didn't get close enough (I was on a mission to find a gyro stand!) but I think that kids actually can run around the water here and play around. We parked right on the grass where we ate lunch (and the gyro was a disappointment... when will I learn to only get them when I'm in Chicago?)
A train of cars that rode around in circles... Braden rode these three times, and I'm not sure why but he called them "Zippy Cars".

The two of us on our "date" riding the carosel. There is no doubt that my son favors the Ramsey side in the looks department, but here I can finally see that he gets his eye color from me. It looks like his hair color too... but we all know that I get highlights so I can't really claim that!
Ok... when I saw this picture I thought I was looking 2 years into the future. Doesn't he look so grown up???
All fun days at the park with mom end with ice cream... in Braden's own words, "Ice Cream... Nummy, Nummy!"

2 comments:

Heather said...

The relationship you two have is wonderful Mon! I love the pics of you guys together. They are so sweet.

Staci Butscher said...

He is getting so big...I can not wait to see him in July. Looks like you a special mommy and Braden day:)