Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Listen to the Teacher

The picture is dark because the lights weren't on yet, and once they were I couldn't get him to stay in one place for a photo op. Who could blame him, there was a lot of playing to be done!

Last week swim class started, this week it was a gymnastics class. Now, that is being a bit generous, it's a start up class where the kids get to run around and start to learn how to use some of the equipment, somersaults, stretching, dancing and jumping around. It's a great class, some structure, but not too much... good for the age group. The instructor made several comments about how big and strong our boy is (her exact words... "that kid is a bulldozer" and "no mistaking that this one is going to play football"). I have to tell you that Braden absolutely LOVED it... he was upset when it was time to leave.
This place is a 2 minute drive from our house, and also has a preschool that Braden can start in the fall, their curriculum mixes "academics" for 90 minutes and 45 minutes of "gym time". I think it will be a good fit for him since he's such a physical kid to have that outlet and activity. I am glad we're doing these classes, Braden is learning to "listen to the teacher", follow group instruction and of course the continued interaction with other kids... speaking of the other kids....
This class has about 5 or 6 kids (and 4 pregnant moms) and one of the other kids is named Braden... and his birthday is the day after ours! For me personally I also enjoyed the class because it was nice to talk to other moms, I'm already looking forward to next week.

No comments: