Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Friday, June 27, 2008

Lynn Canyon Park

When I knew the girls were coming Staci and I started talking about things to do and one of the ideas was the Capsilano Suspension Bridge... it was something you can't find in Illinois and sounded like it was the way to go. However when I was doing my "research" for their trip you may recall that I dragged Chad and Braden one Saturday morning to see what it was all about. I wanted to be sure it was "Braden friendly", that I knew where to park and in my mind it was going to be such a big place I wanted to know where we should best spend our time since Braden would be with us it was one of those morning trips and we'd have to be home in time for his afternoon nap.
With all that said... if you recall from my post a few weeks ago about the Capsilano Suspension Bridge and Attractions is was just okay. Certainly not worth the $30 plus when I was trying to plan excursions that were budget friendly and worth it! So I kept looking around and it turns out that Lynn Canyon Park also has a Suspension Bridge in the middle of a temperate rain forest with trails as well as a Eco Center that is kid-friendly... and best of all... it's free.
On Wednesday Katie, Staci, Braden and I packed up and went to Lynn Canyon Park (Lisa and Ali didn't get in until Friday). Was it the best thing I've ever seen in my life? No... but it was very pretty and walking along the trails you felt a million miles away, we got to avoid a huge tourist crowd too. It was really pretty and it totally worth it.
Afterwards we took Braden to the Eco Center... he loved it (maybe the three of us liked playing around in there just as much!) After that visit Braden has been really into dinosaurs, an interest that all my friends played into all week and when he says Allosaurus, he's really saying "Ass" :)

A picture from the Suspension Bridge down below

No comments: