Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Happy Daddy's Day!

Chad and Braden this morning watching the Cubs game

Chad and Braden at Wrigley Field a year ago on Chad's first Father's Day!
******************************************************************
Happy Father's Day to the men in my family - my husband, Keith, Uncle Jim, Pete! Also to all our friends that are new fathers or are expecting... you'll appreciate having a day that you can sleep in as late as you want and breakfast is waiting for you when you get up... because it isn't what happens often! :)

Chad is a great dad... Braden adores him and wants to do whatever Chad is doing... or wants Chad to do whatever he is doing. They have a precious relationship and I feel lucky that Chad's the kind of dad he is. I know after working all week it's hard to want to chase around a kid all weekend, but he does it not only without complaining, but you know that he loves watching his mini-me learn and grow. I also appreciate the time off Chad tries to give me on weekends, even though I'm not always good as showing it... I really do notice all the effort and am thankful he wants to be so engaged in his son's life.

Speaking of time off... I wanted to give Chad a chance to sleep in as late as he wanted with no interruption. We succeeded, and even though Chad had a few cocktails last night he was still up by 9:15 (but laid in bed with Braden until 10:00). At that time the Cubs game started... Chad watched the game... Braden played - it's exactly what Chad asked for... to not have to run around and do anything! :) Although sadly Chad did have to leave at 1:30 and fly to Montreal for work, so we didn't get to enjoy any of the gorgeous weather as a family, but other opportunities will be there so it's not the end of the world. So... thank you Chad for doing all you do and loving your boy the way you do. Happy Father's Day!

When writing about Father's Day I feel like I need to write a little something about Jimmy... not because today is a day he comes to mind... he comes to mind every day in little ways - when we pass the golf course in our neighborhood, certain songs, TV shows, and just day to day life trying to adjustment and accept that he's gone. He was very proud of both his boys, and I think what is was most proud of was watching them both become great fathers themselves. I am grateful that I was able to know Jimmy for about 6 years and understand why Chad and Keith loved him the way they did. What a great man - father, grandfather, husband, son and friend... Thanks Jimmy, for EVERYTHING... you aren't remembered on just this day of the year... we remember you today and all the days in between. And just so you know... I'm happy to say that Braden has a whole lot of his "PaPa" in him.
I'm not trying to be cheesy, I just felt compelled if I was going to write about Father's Day I don't do it half way.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Monica for such a beautiful tribute to Jim - Love you- Mom a/k/a Paula

Unknown said...

Thanks for saying what is in all our hearts. We will think and remember Jim everyday. Love Carmen

Christine said...

You said it perfectly!