Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Monday, June 9, 2008

Braden's 18 month Report Card!

Bare with me... a big reason I'm doing this blog is so I can have a journal and last Friday Braden turned 18 months old so I thought it was a good time to do a quick assessment! We didn't have a doctor's appointment like you usually would as we're still getting some things settled here and before we left the states I had Braden get all his vaccinations to take him to his 2nd birthday. So I did get his height.. tried to get his weight as accurate as I could... and didn't get his head measurement (but I can tell you the kid has a big head!). I then put it into an online boys growth chart calculator to see where he's at. Lastly I finally sat down and started writing down all the words he knew over the course of an afternoon... we read a lot of picture books so he knows a lot of random words. :)
The Stats:
Height: 34 1/4 inches (just over 2" 10') - - he's grown 2 inches since we got here! 95th percentile Weight: 28 lbs - 75th percentile
16 teeth
Shoe Size: 7... but not for long!
Sleep time: One nap 2-3 hours, to bed between 7:30/8:00 and up between 6:30/7:00
Words: I stopped counting last Friday at 138 - but it's hard to keep up since he's learning more everyday. For instance this weekend he learned heart, circle, yo-yo, see-saw and catch. He isn't really putting 2 or 3 words together or anything yet - just a lot of pointing and telling you what it is. This whole language thing is really cool though - I know it's nothing extraordinary - all kids do it, but I've just never seen it unfold before my eyes... pretty amazing.
There you have it - thanks for reading his "report card"




1 comment:

Christine said...

You are doing such an awesome job with Braden!!! I'm so proud of you for doing your own "well check". Let me fill in with a little Dr. Bill (our pedi) "Always use an SPF 30 every 90 minutes outside, Off-skintastic for bug protection, and keep offering a well balanced choice of foods. You need to offer something at least 10 before you can say that they don't like it." He tells us every time. Thought I would share the love! GREAT JOB MOM!