Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Monday, August 31, 2009

Sister gets married!


The other main event that brought us to Illinois back in July was my baby sister's wedding. (She's really on 1 year and 3 weeks younger than I am!). She was marrying Pete, Raina's dad. Everything was perfect for the outdoor, backyard wedding and reception. For late July in the midwest you could not have had more ideal weather. Sunny... not humid or hot, pleasant and ideal. The ceremony was very small, just the immediate families, then about 2 hours later a great party began with dancing, bags, good food catered in and good company. The day was exactly what my laid back, easy going sister and her husband had in mind. The dress was semi-casual, the guys sported Hawaiian shirts and we were welcome to wear what made us comfortable (and my flip flops were on before the reception even started!)
My uncle and mom did a great job getting the outdoor space gorgeous for the big event. Congrats to Jen, Pete and Raina. And an additional "official welcome" to Jen's stepchildren, Joe and Lexie, two very sweet and loving kiddos. And another special thank you to the newlyweds for moving their early October wedding date up to July so this prego could be a part of your special day!

Uncle Jim and Braden at the rehearsal dinner at Glenwood Oaks... yum!
Me, sister Jenni Lou and Mom at the rehearsal dinner

Jenni Lou... the beautiful bride
The "Just Married" couple with Mom and Uncle Jim
Sisters
Joe and Lexie, both a part of the wedding and so proud! :)

Big B behind the bar... What can I get you folks?

Last... but certainly not least... my pretty niece, Raina.

No comments: