Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Grandma Carole's Pool

This year is the debut year of the inground pool at my mom and Uncle Jim's house. It's a pretty sweet set up, gated with a big cabana with anything you could need it's a nice way to spend the day. While we were in Homewood we spent a lot of time at the pool... the first day my good friends Katie (along with cutie son, Jack) and Staci joined us for some pool time fun, we grilled out for lunch and played with the kiddos! It was a bit chilly, I would have expected that in late July things to have been much warmer! Still fun all the same! My niece Raina, sister Jenni Lou, and her two stepchildren, Joe and Lexie also joined us... good times all around!

Picture proof that I was there... but this is the only publishable picture of me and my prego body in a bathing suit I'm willing to share!

My super cute niece Raina, strutting her stuff in a little bikini!

Grandma Carole (my mom) with her two grandbabies... it's near impossible to get them to both look at the camera when occupied in a pool!

Katie and her beautiful son, Jack Henry Hager, I typed out his whole name because I like it!(doesn't he look so much like her?)

Fellow prego (due in 2 weeks on 8/22) Staci entertaining Big B... he was having so much fun!

And then... Chad joined us, bringing things to a new level

First he has Braden jumping off the sides... let me tell you Braden can leap far! So funny he kept counting, ONE... TWO... TTTTHHHHHHRRRREEEEEEEEEE (forever dragging out the three before he jumped!)

Then Chad is tossing him to dangerous heights! But of course, Braden loved it. I have to admit, Chad had a lot of power!

Then he decides he wants to take Big B on the slide. I'm sure you're wondering, "Mon, what's the big deal, you took him to a water park a few weeks ago"? Well this was a faster, narrower slide going into 8 ft of water where Chad couldn't touch standing, not into 3 or 4 ft like the slides made for the kiddos at the water park. Needless to say, I didn't want to be a total bummer and ruin the fun, but I wasn't really comfortable either. So... my friend Staci took the pictures, while Katie was in the water at the bottom of the slide for extra catching/support, while I hid under a towel, closed my eyes and hoped for the best!

Almost... does look like he's having fun, huh?

This picture... well it makes me a little nervous, you can't even see Chad. But I'm told this is as far under as Braden and since I was hiding I'll never know.

1 comment:

Staci Butscher said...

I promise we were not lying to you and Braden never went under the water. He had such a great time on the slide!!! I should have gotten a picture of you hiding under the towel:)