Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Monday, July 27, 2009

Whew... we made it!

We're back! And I'm scatterbrained and all over the place (I'm sure you'll notice trying to get through this post).
It was a great trip to the Midwest. We were in St. Louis, Bloomington-Normal, Chicago and Homewood. Two weddings, family flew in from Texas, some visits with friends (Kiddieland too!) and there still wasn't nearly enough time to get everywhere we wanted to go. I'll spend this week posting about everything we did while we were away, so keep checking back as I should have something new posted each day once I start uploading more than 250 photos and sort through it all.
We were gone for 12 days though and that's a long time to be away so we'll have to try and make more rounds when we can hopefully come back sometime around the holidays. Let me tell you that Braden is becoming a great traveler. On the way there we had almost 2 hour trip to the airport, then a 2 hour flight, then a 3 hour layover, then a 3 hour flight... the kid was a champ and only watched the portable DVD for about 1 hour total. Then last night on the way home... our 8pm flight was delayed until about 11:15. We landed in Seattle and had to drive back to the house... pulled up at 4am. Braden slept from 8pm-1am and from 2am - 7am. Total champ... and us tired parents really appreciated it!!!
Side note - Braden rarely gets sick at all... but last night a fever showed up with a runny nose and cough. Still has a fever today, not scary high, just his body fighting off a bug, I've been giving him some children's motrin to keep it down, but it doesn't help we've got what's considered a heat wave around here... our HOUSE is 90 degrees inside (you've heard me brag about the houses not being built with air conditioning because it never gets that hot... shame on me. Fever child and pregnant momma are hot, hot, hot!)
We realized yesterday it was our last time traveling as a family of three... from here on out there will be 4 of us! Just 7 weeks to go, sometimes I think 7 weeks sounds like a long time, and other moments I think... only 7 weeks!?! Chad is traveling all month since he's staying off airplanes during September as we wait for Baby Girl... so I think August will fly by (fingers crossed!).

No comments: