Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

More Beautiful Victoria

I'm back with more details on our nice trip to Victoria two weeks ago. This is mostly a picture post... but my pictures won't do it justice. We started in the morning visiting the Butterfly Garden and then off to the Butchart Gardens, which was really beautiful. Grandma Ramsey was with us and is a flower/landscape whiz so it was great to be there with someone that knew a lot and also appreciated it. Braden was kind enough to give us a nearly 2 hour nap in his stroller as we toodled around and ate lunch (that's right... we got adult conversation over lunch instead of being toddler entertainers!) Picture above - Grandma Ramsey and Braden goofin' around.
These are Atlas Moths, they are quite big, probably a bit larger than my hand. But what really made these interesting to me was that they spend 5 years in their cocoon, but only live 3-5 days after emerging.
An interested little fella... As amazed and interested as he was... there were a few moments even this guy was a bit timid.

The first thing we saw at the Butchart Gardens was this interesting "violin/violia/bass" thing... Braden was interested in trying to "play" it. That is until I realized it was a piece of art for sale. And the price tag... $3,000. Needless to say, I quickly removed my man from the scene. Can you imagine if some part of it broke?

By far the most impressive part of Butchart Gardens, and the pictures don't capture how large, beautiful and impressive it was. This area was called "The Sunken Garden"

The Ross Fountains... they were huge (but I don't think you can get that from the photo). They were set up on a sort of "dance", the water just kept shooting up, across and all around.


Just a few random shots of the scenery

He was fasinated by this horse.

Climbing... like most kids his age I'm sure. Braden loves to climb (and to run, and jump, and run, and climb, wait - I already mentioned that... oops).

Rubbing the Boar's nose for a little luck!

If you're a blog regular you know that all big outings end with ice cream cones!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You're getting quite good with the camera...I love the one backlit with Braden and grandma at the gardens...

Staci said...

Big B is looking like such a young man!!! These pictures are awesome:) I would love to visit these gardens with you someday:)