Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Something "official"

We left Chicago for the West Coast nearly 16 months ago. And it wasn't until yesterday that I finally got rid of the Illinois plates on my car. In Canada I probably should have, but then it was a lock down I would be victim to the outrageous ICBC costs (Insurance Company of British Columbia - there is only one place to get insurance... it's a monopoly and about three times what you would pay in the states). So I kept my Illinois car insurance and while maybe that wasn't the smartest (or legal) choice... it's done and over. Judgers not welcome... because the story continues.
Back to the plates. I finally gave in (after waiting for my duplicate title to get here) and got Washington State plates. It was actually something I HAD to do since my Illinois plates expired... in February... of 2008. Oops! But I'm all up to date and legal now.
Just for the record, I'm not usually that irresponsible. I think that letting go of my "home" plates really made it official that we don't live there, but not just that... we probably aren't coming back.
My next step... a new drivers license.
On a side note - when filling out all the paperwork yesterday Braden was getting a bit restless. I gave him my passport to flip through and when he opened to my picture this is our exchange:
Me: Braden - who is in that picture?
Braden: My Beautiful Princess Mommy
Lady behind the counter: Awwweee... so precious. How did you teach him to say that?
Me: I didn't... first time. Braden, you make me smile.
*** And I think it was actually the Dora he watched over breakfast yesterday, but I'll take it however I can get it!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Awww...and that's what you get from a son - a little man who adores you, Beautiful Princess Mommy!

Too cute.