Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Wordy Wednesday

Just a couple random thoughts on my mind this beautiful day here in Northwest Washington...

- We joined a gym a few weeks ago, it's great. They have a supervised playroom for kids (and babies) so I can get my workout on during the weekdays. We've also been going as a family on Saturday mornings too. Since I'm PG I'm not able to push it too much, but it's nice to stay more active this pregnancy and a great way for Braden to get some kid time... and me some alone time a few times a week! :) It is a little disheartening though to be working out but the scales are still headed in an upward direction and I'm getting bigger and not smaller, but it's helping me become stronger which will help when I attempt a VBAC delivery this September (that means I had a c-section with Braden... and am going to plan a natural delivery this time. Often once you have a c-section you usually have another one, but I'm giving it a shot). ANYWAY.... this was all to set up my first random point.

Thanks to the super skinny minny next to me on the elliptical machine today. I stayed on an extra five minutes because I didn't want to seem like a wuss and distracted myself by dreaming about the day in about 7-9 months from now I can start aggressively trying to be skinny minny again too.

- After the initial surprise that Baby Boy Ramsey was actually Baby Girl Ramsey, Chad has been quite cute about it (sorry to embarrass you Chad)... but he did have this to say while acknowledging we have nothing girly, (no clothes, no bedding and we don't live near people we know to grab all those hand me downs). "I'm looking forward to to my baby girl, but I won't even see her for 5 more months and she's already costing me a lot of money"!

- Braden is potty trained at home... not when we leave the house, mostly for my own self convenience of not having accidents everywhere. I'm starting to venture out with him in small doses free of training pants, it's going ok. He's started to tell me when he has to go potty... this past Sunday I was so proud of him when he told me he had to go - only that we were in the check out line in the grocery store and our cart has already been emptied out. So we waited... and I was sweating. We made it though... we ran right after we were done...and he made it. Until he had held it so long and had to go so bad he had no control where it was spraying... which ended up all over me. It was a humble walk for me back to the cart and our car.

- Need more Big B potty stories... he's started peeing standing up. He thinks it's fun... I think it's still too messy, but it's getting better (and I have a HUGE towel that is covering the floor. And the other thing he has to do... yeah, he doesn't like me to be in the bathroom with him most of the time... and peeing standing up seems quite tidy otherwise... it's an adventure and we're slowly but surely making some progress.

- Braden wants to be naked all the time. He is constantly taking off his pants and underwear and I'm constantly running around after him to put them back on.

- I know what made me sick before my doctor's appt Monday. I've tested as slightly anemic because of the pregnancy (your blood supply increases by about 50%) and since I'm the worst at eating veggies... let alone extra veggies, I need to take iron supplements each day in addition to my prenatal. Well that can be rough on your tummy, especially early in the day. The label warned me... I didn't listen. Lesson learned.





3 comments:

Heather said...

The extra iron is a KILLER during pregnancy. Love to hear all the Braden stories-makes me feel more connected even though we are a zillion miles away:)

Chad Ramsey said...

Yes, maybe 80-90% of it makes it into the toliet. The world is our bathroom and he is excited about it...as he should be!

Trina said...

Don't take your pills in the morning - I also got sick ONE time from taking my prenatal pills in the morning on a less full tummy!!! I now take them at night and no problems...

Braden is too cute - I hope I can train my boy to sit for ever - he will sure make his wife much happier in many years from now!!!! LOL!!!