Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Scatterbrains

It's been a very hectic very weeks, but we've made it with just a few little blips of complete scatterbrain syndrome.
THE LOCKOUT - First day in the house that Chad was back at work... I woke up with Braden and immediately checked to make sure all the doors were locked so my little escape artist couldn't escape (although he's tall enough to reach the door and the lock on the front door... we're still working on a solution, but he hasn't run off yet so that's a good thing). Anyway, I locked the door to the garage too. But it's one of those tricky ones that even while it's locked... you can open from the inside and it just locks behind you from the outside. A few hours into the day the playroom is all set up and Big B is happily playing. I grab the trash out of the garbage can to take it to the big garbage can in the garage. Now I didn't realize it was a "trick lock" and had completely forgotten about it and since I opened the door no problem I took the bag out... only to be locked out!!! While Braden was playing inside! There is a side door on the garage, I ran out there (no shoes... fun) and discovered that the porch door was unlocked and I was safely back inside! (So much for me being successful in making sure ALL the doors were locked, upon entering the house I locked the porch door behind me). I checked on Braden... he had no idea that I was even gone. Then I remembered I left the side door in the garage open (because I didn't want that to lock behind me either) and ran out to the garage to shut and lock it... only I never unlocked the tricky door lock to the garage!!! That's right... it locked behind me again. But this time, the porch door was locked too! Now I'm completely locked out of the house (still no shoes) with my toddler alone...
Well...I knocked on the door and called Braden's name hoping he would hear me and I could tell him to open the door and let me in. It worked... after about two minutes I was safely back inside the house. The whole time I could hear him say, "Mommy? Mommy's hiding! Where are you?" When he got to me he opened the door and said "Mommy's hiding... silly Mommy".

MR. FORGETFUL - It started when Chad traveled to Calgary last week for work and forgot his laptop power cord in his hotel room... and with his new laptop it's some fancy "doesn't work with the standard laptop cords". What does that mean? Going to Radio Shack and purchasing a ridiculously overpriced fancy cord that works... but that's not all. Leaving for another work trip yesterday Chad forgot his cell phone... he'll be gone three days so obviously he needs it. Yesterday Braden and I made a trip downtown Vancouver to bring it to him.

THE FLIGHT - 99% of the time when Chad travels for work, he leaves Tuesday evening after work. I think only once or twice has he left on a Monday evening instead, but it's always an evening flight. This week he's off to Winnipeg and then Edmonton. Winnipeg is a long flight with a two hour time difference, so he was scheduled to leave at 8pm and land at 12:40am... yuck! Or so we thought. I've been bugging Chad to send me his flight info before he travels so I know what flights he's on and when he's due to come back. Finally this week he remembered. About 5pm yesterday I take a look at it and what do I see??? A booked flight that left Tuesday at 8 AM!!! I immediately call him and it works out that if he really rushes he can make a 6:45pm flight out... I'm happy to report he made it, just as they began to board!

Hopefully I won't have anymore scatterbrain stories to share...

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Hey Mon,

Thank you, thank you, thank you for adding From the Red Balloon to your blog list. You've been such a big help to this blog since the very beginning!

Hopefully some of your new mommy friends will find value in it, too!

BIG hugs!