Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Dallas: Gone Fishin'


This past weekend we made it up to Dallas to visit friends and family.  We had an awesome weekend... and it's going to take more than one post to document it all.  I'm starting with Braden's first fishing excursion. 
Our hosts for the weekend were the Maywalds, and in their subdivision is a catch and release fishing pond.  I'll let Braden tell you his side of the story...
Locked and loaded... so Dad now what?
Dad told me now we just wait for the fish to bite...
I'm waiting...

Still waiting. This is a long time for me to wait around.  I'm not sure how I feel about...
Oh wait... I think I got something
Dad had to take over, we might have something big!
Whoa!  That is something really, really big!!!  Look at that tension!
Even Dad needs more help pulling it in (but before you try and take my Dad's man card... he was using a kiddie fishing pole, not really equipped for this kind of catch)
It's a Catfish... a really big one!  Um... I'm not sure I like this.
Dad said I'm supposed to touch it... it's my first fish catch after all.  But I don't think I'm ready.
In fact, I know it... I'm not ready.  Get that thing outta here.  Uncle Chad is not letting me get away without getting a picture with my Dad, but I'm ready to make a run for it.
After that whole Catfish debacle, I got a Perch.  More my style... and size.  I'm willing to touch this one. 
Despite my original hesitance I liked it, and I have been since we got home when we get to go fishing again!

1 comment:

paulfox11 said...

My favorite post yet...wish i was with him for his first go round!

Chad you could have really freaked the kid out and fileted the fish like you did those Pike up in Boundary Waters...you enjoyed that WAY too much.