Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's a Quarter After One...

Do you know the catchy Lady Antebellum song, "I Need You Now"? It's a favorite in the Ramsey household and every time it comes on Braden and I break out into a dance party.

If you aren't familiar with the song, here is some background... the first verse sung by a woman goes like this...

"It's a quarter after one... I'm all alone and I need you now".

The second time, when the man is singing it's

"It's a quarter after one... I'm a little drunk and I need you now".

Because I didn't think it was really appropriate to teach my 3 year old about singing about being drunk, I just always sang the first verse lyrics throughout the song. Well... a few weeks ago we realized that I lost to the power of the radio. Braden didn't buy into my PG version. He was in his playroom and all the sudden we hear...

"IT'S A QUARTER AFTER ONE, I'M A LITTLE DRUNK AND I NEED YOU NOW".

quite loudly... and since he's three... well he sounds kind of "drunk". He just kept singing it over and over and over and over, so Chad pulled out the flip video and got 18 seconds of it"


And if you're interested in catching a longer version with Braden, Viv and I having a dance party... and singing loudly. Here is another one that is just over two minutes (but if you want, it's probably just best to fast forward to about 1 minute 30 seconds in and play till the end).

6 comments:

staci butscher said...

Love Love it!!! AIdan and I just watched both videos...and I just miss the Ramsey Family soooo very much!!!! love you all!!!

Heather said...

I think the classic is Vivien in your arms! She is like a little doll and then occasionally she turns her head to look at Chad like "What are my mommy and brother doing and why am I being subjected to it?"

Lisa P said...

So freaking funny! I love it!

Kristy said...

This is priceless! I love it!

paulfox11 said...

you couldnt have started him off w/ "mary had a little lamn?"

Hatten Family said...

Love that song and love the Ramseys version even more! Nice try on the PG version...can't pull one over on them forever and Braden obviously catches on very quickly! Very cute...thanks for sharing!