Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Monday, October 19, 2009

Lost Control...

So... a few months back over dinner Braden said what sounded like "Damn"... now, I won't say that Chad and I don't ever swear from time to time... but it's not habitual and certainly not around Braden. Chad and I were so caught off guard, and it was so odd hearing it from his mouth, I kind of lost it... laughing that is. Well as Braden got a reaction he continued to do it over and over... and we realized then he was actually saying "BAM"... thank goodness. We totally blew that had it been a teachable moment!!!
Well... last night Braden was all dressed up in his "team shirt" and football pants for the Bears game. While we were eating dinner a conversation when a little like this...
Me: Braden... you want to be a quarterback or linebacker?
Braden: Linebacker
(Chad with a huge grin)
Me: Do you want to be like Urlacher or Butkus?
Braden: Butkus...
Here's the thing, it sounded NOTHING like Butkus... it sounded like... "F word us". And he kept saying it over and over and over and over and over (and over) again.
Apparently I'm immature and what sounds like a toddler swearing puts me into hysterics... like I was crying from laughter. Maybe I just needed a good chuckle and once it started I couldn't stop, but seriously I need to be better prepared. Although I'm pretty confident that if he had been actually, and intentionally using those words I would have an entirely different reaction (with a consequences!).
Just had to share the story as one of those for the memory bank and journal that is our blog.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can't wait for the built-in entertainment that comes with parenthood! Just the thought of this scene makes me giggle.