Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Workin' on a Full House

That's right folks, we're having a baby! I cannot wait for Braden to be a big brother! 12 weeks along (for you that hate the whole "pregnancy weeks" - that's 3 months. Aside from a few weeks of being sleepy, I feel fine. I'm growing quickly (reference picture below) but I swear there is only one in there (reference bottom picture).
A few things to note:
- Yes, I knew when I was in the states in January, we tested and found out the morning I left. I hope everyone understands that after the miscarriage last fall we decided to sit tight and make sure things were progressing well and get past "the 12 week mark"
- The only good thing about that nasty sinus infection I had when I was visiting is it was a great cover when declining adult beverages, it didn't seem like people were onto me (and if you were, than thank you for just letting it be)
- What made the sinus infection worse was that I was pregnant... no medicine relief for me until (after a miserable week) I called my old OB/GYN in Chicago and begged for something safe I could take.
- I totally cheated today - I had an ultrasound a week and half ago and things looked good. However, because of last time - I just wanted some confirmation once I hit 12 weeks - but my appointment wasn't until next week. So - I took advantage of Canada's super health care system, waited at a walk-in clinic for 30 minutes and got a Doppler check for the heartbeat, much to my relief and also because I've been bursting to share the news!
- I got clearance to travel into July - so I will be present at my sister's wedding (thank you to my sister that moved her date up three weeks for that to be possible!) and also Amy and Andy's wedding, where Chad is a best man and Braden will be the ring bearer!
- When you see the picture below... it seems insane right? At three months??? I don't understand. But I've only gained 3-4 pounds while pregnant, so as my body is changing and shifting... it's just sticking straight out front.
- The gender - yes - we will be finding out, we should know by late April/early May
- It's super fun that so many of my friends are PG right around the same time... when I'm back in July it will be Baby Belly Photo Madness
We are relieved and now that we've gotten to this point - very excited!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS! We are so thrilled for your family. Glad to hear you are feeling well...
We couldn't be happier!

Layne Court said...

AWESOME! We could not be happier for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Yay! Mon and Chad and Braden, congratulations! What wonderful news to start my day. :)

Wish I could be there to give you a hug.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! This is so exciting! Can't wait for more updates!
Any name ideas yet? And just think, you'll be well through potty training by then!

Hatten Family said...

Congratulations, Ramsey Family! That is awesome, amazing news and we can't wait to hear all about the little one you're carrying!
- Jen & Cameron

Unknown said...

HAPPY'HAPPY'HAPPY. We are super excited for the three of you. All our love, Carmen and Wayne

Unknown said...

How wonderful. Congratulations!

Christine said...

Wonderful news! So happy for all of you. I expect lots of growing belly pics!

bashford5 said...

congratulations!!! its not cheating to get a doppler check. :) i ended up buying my own after we had our miscarriage, that's cheating! wishing you a calm and happy 6 months and beyond as you grow into a family of 4! amanda x