Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Spinning...

WARNING: THIS POST WAS WRITTEN BY A WHINY, HORMONAL PREGNANT WOMAN (who is fighting the craving of chocolate).
Chad and I both are suffering from a bit of whiplash from our heads spinning at top speed with everything that has to be done this week. We're packing, moving, crossing the border (which means that EVERY box, every little everything has to be labeled and inventoried to present at the border where we hope things go smooth), unpacking once we get there - but that alone is ok. It's all the little things, CANADA HOUSE: packing, scheduling cleaners, transferring utilities, and preparing for our CHICACO CONDO tenants that are moving out, scheduling those cleaners, trying to get that place re-rented, making sure those utilities are transferred, then onto the WASHINGTON HOUSE, where all the utilities have been transferred already, deposits made, keys exchanged so hopefully we've got that covered. Maybe it doesn't sound like much, but we're checking off lists, constantly talking to each other about "did money transfer in time from the Canadian account to the US account, what do we need where by what day?" Not to mention the sweet toddler running around, my pregnancy which has been draining all my energy this week (along with providing some really nice afternoon headaches)... and to top it off, Chad's traveling this week for work... fun, huh???
Ok - so enough of my complaining.
Oh wait - I lied. I am going to complain about Canada Post. When we did an address change from our Chicago address to here in Canada, we spent $1.99 a piece, and our mail was forwarded to Canada, that was it - simple. To transfer from Canada to Washington - $110 for 6 months (shortest time they have). Thankfully all bills will be paid and closed out for transfer by Friday and we didn't use this as our "permanent" address for anything but Canadian utilities so we're leaving it be.
And just to not make this post entirely sour - I do know we'll get it all done. We've made great progress packing, Chad is off Friday after his morning conference calls. By Friday night I'll feel good when all the things in Canada are squared away and we're ready for to load the truck. I'm going to focus on looking ahead to one week from today when cable/Internet is installed in the new house and we have made some progress unpacking and settling in. I mean - one week, that will be here in no time!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Monica, I totally feel for you and am dreading our time in a few months!!!!! Although it sounds like you guys have everything pretty organized and under control. If you need any help or want me to watch Braden while the truck is getting loaded, please let me know....it will all be worth it in the end....take it easy...I am happy for you, but at the same time sad you are leaving after only knowing you for a short time...