Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Thursday, February 26, 2009

At a Loss.

For almost a year now from time to time I've found myself thinking about what I would write on my blog on this day. Usually I'm in the car driving past our golf course, or through the Coastal Mountains and the Howe Sound with "PaPa's song" playing, and sometimes I've thought about it just in my own quiet time. I've thought of sharing a story... sharing "PaPa's song" with you... or just sharing what he's meant to me as he's had a huge impact on the kind of father Chad is to his son Braden.

But now that the day is here... I'm at a loss.

Today is the first anniversary of Jimmy "PaPa" Ramsey's passing. I want to tell you all what a great husband, father, son, brother, grandfather and friend he was... he was all of those things and more. Writing about it here and trying to make you feel all those things won't do justice to the loss that the Ramsey family and all his friends felt on this day a year ago. Honestly, today isn't that different than any other day when you think of those close to Jimmy... they remember him every day, but today I'm saying it out loud.

Today was also the due date of the baby we lost in late August... so I've thought a lot this week what things would be like if things had turned out different. But what's meant to be is meant to be and I'm completely at peace with that. But it's just something that's been on my mind.

5 comments:

Mitzi said...

The honesty of your blog today was touching. I've been thinking about the Ramsey family for the past few weeks, and my prayers have been with you all. My heart has also been with you and Chad, and while there are no words to say what I want to express, just know we love you, think of you often, and look forward to the next time we're together again. Sometimes life can be overwhelming... just knowing others are there can make all the difference.

Much love from Texas always.

Heather said...

My heart aches for you all and the loss that was felt and is still felt at his passing and the passing of your unborn baby. We are thinking of you today and hope that this day is a little easier to take than a year ago. We love you!

Christine said...

I share your same feelings. I too am at a loss for words. I think all that we can do is use Jimmy as a model for a great father, husband, and friend. I know that this is a much harder day than other. Sorry we can't all be together and celebrate his life today. Much love~

Anonymous said...

I hope that you know that all of you are in my thoughts and prayers today.

Layne Court said...

Every day we have on this earth is a blessing. Our church is building a memorial called the Garden of the Good Shepherd. It is dedicated to all of the children lost before birth and their families. It is beautiful to celebrate and memorialize the lives of those we were unable to meet on this earth. I know your baby is in heaven waiting for you. I am sure you struggle in your heart and it is hard for others to be supportive since it was such a private time for you guys. I take comfort in the thought of Uncle Jimmy taking care of his grand baby in heaven. I miss him so much and pray for comfort to come to our family. God bless you for sharing this post. We are with you in spirit. Love you guys. Layne