Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Costa Rica: Wildlife

Costa Rica is known for access to observe birds, monkeys and other creatures in their habitat.  Our trip was no exception. 
Baby Sea Turtles on the beach that were one hour old... cute!
 
Monkeys in the trees while were were on the Zip Line, it's a family... sweet!

But not all wildlife encounters can be observed from a safe distance.  While enjoying late night (2am) room service nachos on our balcony with Paul and Steph, I look up and here is what I see...
AHHHH... HEEBIE JEEBIES!!!!!!!!!!
Which lead to me... standing on a chair for the next 30 minutes saying "heebie, jeebie, heebie, jeebie"
While the boys spent the next 30 minutes (and the rest of our nachos) encouraging the scavenger.
All I could think was, "are you crazy"?  "does this animal have a disease"? "Is this animal going to come back every night because it thinks we're a food source"?  Seriously... reliving it again is giving me the heebie jeebies!!!
Sorry guys, I don't care how much you tell me it was going to be ok... I still was on the look out everytime I stepped outside of my room for the rest of the trip.  But I'm glad you had fun getting close to the wildlife and torturing me.

No comments: