Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Monday, September 7, 2009

Prediction: No Labor on this Labor Day

We've had a nice little weekend. A lot of work around the house, a lot of relaxing too. It would have been nice to have some BBQs and socialization to look forward to on a holiday weekend, but we'll get there. I recently joined the MOMs Club of Ferndale and everyone has been really nice so far. I look forward to doing more of the playdates, activities (and Mom's Night Out) once things with the new baby settle down.
So... Baby Girl's due date is in one week! I started labor on my due date with Braden, so I'm hoping for more of the same this time around. Grandma Ramsey arrives on Saturday. I'm feeling pretty good. The past few days a few more aches and pains, but overall I feel really well. I'm getting anxious (an excited anxious) to meet our daughter, but since I'm not really uncomfortable I'm also ok with waiting and getting to spend a little more one and one time with Big B while he's still the only child! :) She'll get here when she gets here!
We've finished Baby Girl's room... and I'm very proud to report that Chad took on a special project! He found an old dresser on Craig's List. It was solid wood and got a good price. He refinished it and made some repairs! He's done two other similar projects, I'm waiting until we pick the hardware for the latest one before I share that. For Baby's room...
BEFORE

AFTER

This week Braden and I made Gingerbread Cookies (3 batches) to store in the freezer. With fall around the corner I had to have these on hand... let's just hope they make it longer than 3 weeks. Outlook... not good!

And cooking with a toddler is practice with patience for an adult. It took a lot longer... but he enjoyed it so much sometimes it's just better to take a deep breath and go with the flow.

Last weekend I made loads and loads of homemade chili to freeze. If you recall, we have a tradition here on football Sundays. We wake up, get in Bears gear and eat chili. I made 7-8 weeks worth of chili here. Hey... maybe Baby Girl will join us next Sunday on Kickoff Sunday??? The Bears have the night game. Just in case I've packed her some Bears wear in the bag for the hospital! :)

1 comment:

Jessica said...

You are too cute. I can't wait until we're living close enough to share football Sundays again! And tell Chad way to go on the dresser. That looks amazing!