Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birth Day


"A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for."
Author Unknown

We've spent all of 2009 waiting for this day, your special day Baby Girl, your Birth Day.
I have enjoyed feeling you move, squirm and kick... but I am more excited to see you, hold you and share you with the world. I'll admit, I was nervous to have a daughter, it's such a big and awesome responsibility, and I doubted myself. However, after we found out... I've found peace and hope.
Our private moments of movements have come to an end, but I hope with all my might we can give you all the love and guidance to be a strong, brave, kind and happy person.

And while I was overwhelmed with all the clothes and accessories for baby girls... I think I'm starting to enjoy it!
You should know I'm not a super fashionable momma... but you will have lots of "aunts" that will help us along the way.
And with all of mommy and daddy's friends (many aunts and uncles) is even more family that you're already connected to.

Both of your grandfathers are no longer with us, but both of their mothers are. They share the same middle name... as you now share with them.
And you also share a birthday with my sister, your Auntie Lou...
I've come to terms that your daddy is going to love you more than any other woman in the world. And it actually makes me happy. Remember the first man a little girl falls in love with is her father. Your big brother Braden will watch over you.
And so now it is time for us to start this journey.
Your room is ready... I've spent the last few weeks over-preparing and over-planning. This is just part of who I am, you'll get to know that. But at some point... you can't plan for one of the most memorable and special days... you just have to enjoy it.
We welcome you Baby Girl... and now introduce you to our wonderful friends and family.

Vivian Irene Ramsey
Born: 09/19/09
Time: 9:31 am
Weight: 8lb, 9 oz
Length: 21 1/2 in

11 comments:

Alcala Family said...

CONGRATS!!! Awesome blog post. I love that her name has so much significance. Congrats again!!!

Hatten Family said...

Congratulations Ramsey family on the new addition!!! Your blog post was beautiful and brought a tear to my eye. Welcome Vivian!!

Jenni Lou said...

She's so beautiful! I cannot wait to meet her and it is so cool we share the same birthday. Her room looks lovely. I am so happy for you and have tears welling in my eyes, sister!!

Jessica said...

Seriously, you could've warned us we'd need tissues! :) What a wonderful welcome in to this world. Vivian is a lucky little girl to have you and Chad and Braden as her family.

Lots of love to the Ramseys!

Debbie said...

Congratulations! What a wonderful blog post, beautiful name and gorgeous little girl and family! Best of luck!

Debbie

Christine said...

A beautiful name for a beautiful girl. Congrats Chad, Monica, and Braden. A wonderful post as well.

Heather said...

What an incredible blog post devoted to your daughter! Absolutely beautiful! And your baby girl was well worth the wait. We can not wait to hear the details of her arrival. Congratulations to the Ramsey's!!

elm said...

Congratulations on your healthy little girl Ramsey family!

Brett & Michelle said...

Congrats, what a beautiful family...i absolutely LOVE the bears family photo...too cute!

Lisa P said...

Okay, I am totally crying now, what a great post. I am so happy for you guys and I can't wait to meet Vivian!

tp said...

Congratulations to you guys! Much love to you!!! She is incredibly precious! Hold her tight! They grow too fast!!!!