Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

No Expiration Date

I remember it clearly... November 3rd, 2007 was my bridal shower. Before the event I had all my bridesmaids come to our condo to design their own handbags as our gifts to them for being a part of the wedding. My hands started shaking as I tried to work up the courage to tell these nine women... closest to me... that Chad and I had decided we were open to him pursuing an opportunity outside of the Chicago area, resulting in a move away from those closest to us and all the friends that had become like family.
December 14th, 2007, Ami and Jack Brown were over for game night and Chad spilled the news. He'd gotten an offer for a position in Vancouver. Wow... we were moving to the West Coast... and another country. whoa...

Fast forward to now, a lot has happened these last two years. We've gotten married, his father passed away, we moved to Canada, we moved to Washington State, and we've welcomed our Vivian.

And now, we're packing up again and moving... to Houston, TX. Chad has accepted a position with the same company as a Direct Sales Manager for Houston, Austin and San Antonio. They want us there before Christmas.

But this time there wasn't as much a shock. I mean, we really didn't think this would happen right now... but knew it would happen someday soon because when we moved to Canada there was always an "expiration date". Chad's work VISA was good for three years, so it still has a year left, but the way the job was offered two years ago was kind of with a two year (and change) plan. And he's done a great job and made good progress, all the while learning a lot about being a manager, which has prepared him for this next position.

It's no secret that I've hoped one day we'd end up in Texas... we know people there, Chad has family there too... but I really wasn't sure it would happen ever. While I had Dallas in mind, I'm sure I'll like a lot of what Houston has to offer (and yes, I'm aware... it's hot, hot, hot in the summer... and yes, we'll need good insurance in case one of those pesky hurricanes come our way). I know I'll like that in November weather averages the 70s.

But... more important than anything is Chad's making a good career move (this time without an expiration date) and maybe we can start putting down some roots. We're a family, we're in it together and onto our next adventure.

*** And I'm taking suggestions for our new blog title... really, this girl needs some help.

6 comments:

Jessica said...

Wahoo!! I am so excited to have you back in the Great State! Not that Houston is right around the corner, but I love that we'll be close enough to celebrate special occasions together. And I can't wait for our kids to meet in person. How very, very special!

Heather said...

The Lone Star Adventure. Never mind. Lame. But we are so happy you guys are moving to a place you really want to be!

Unknown said...

"CLAP, CLAP, CLAP Deep in the heart of Texas!"

Mitzi said...

Ahhh! I'm SO excited that you guys will be in Houston! It's such an easy drive from Dallas, and I'm always there several times a year for work... it'll be so easy to be together for holidays... I can't wait!

Christine said...

I am so excited. I am well versed in the Dallas to Houston route. Can't wait for your guys to be here. Please let me know what you may need and how we can help. Much love!

And if you make your blog title anything cheesy like they mentioned, I will have to hack in and change it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats Monica - love the Houston area!! Pete is actually heading there on travel in December :) Good luck with everything and BTW - you have the most beautiful family, I'm so proud of who you are!! xo Carrie