Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

It's a First...

Well a first for us... Monday was our first wedding anniversary! We celebrated Sunday night by going out to dinner (a steak dinner that was delish... so good in fact I kept eating even when I was full to the point of a stomach ache because I didn't want to waste it!). We were lucky to get away for a nice date since they are few and far between. We've set up a babysitting swap with another family in our neighborhood (and still have a few hours left so I think we'll catch a movie in the next month).
As for our first year of marriage it's been full of lots of great times and also some sad ones (and a move out of the country) - it just lets us know we'll get through it together! :) I won't bore you with my sappiness here since I already wrote it all down in Chad's anniversary note! Here's to year #2 Hubs!
On a side note - we just got our wedding album and as Chad was looking at it for the first time yesterday (I saved it for the anniversary) he said (prompted by all the adorable pictures of Braden) "How old do you think Braden will be when he realizes that he was AT our wedding and not born AFTER?" Haha - looking back - I wouldn't have had it any other way, it was so precious to have him share that day with us!

At our anniversary dinner - with the dessert menu - which I couldn't even bring myself to order anything because I was that full (me passing on a dessert is rare!) Chad couldn't believe I pulled out the camera - but he was a good sport (honestly... what other choice did he have?)

We didn't get to keep the top of our wedding cake, the bakery that made it instead offers you a yummy, fresh new cake for your anniversary. Well - this is ours - however Chad didn't get to enjoy it (which is ok since he doesn't really care about cake - and I very much care about cake). So instead of letting this free offer of delicious cake go to waste, I was in Chicago the week before, called the bakery asked for the cake and brought it to the party with all my girlfriends! The chocolate cake/raspberry preserves got excellent reviews.

1 comment:

Christine said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I can't believe that it has already been a years. Seems just like yesterday.