Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

My first experience with Salmon

It was nice this past weekend... I got a two day break from cooking (in case you didn't know, where we live isn't a place that gets delivery so I make dinner... every night. This is a big change from Chicago where I had www.grubhub.com bookmarked). Paul enjoys cooking and made two good meals for us! One of which was salmon - Red Copper Salmon from Alaska to be more specific. I am not a seafood person... I'm not sure if in the Midwest it smelled too fishy or if it is the overall texture, but it's never been my thing. Being on the West Coast now where we're supposed to have access to some of the world's best I thought it best that I keep an open mind and give it a shot. Paul made (actually taught me) how to make Salmon... he grilled it on cedar planks with a dijon mustard/brown sugar glaze. I have to say that it was a positive experience. I did like it. Now, I wouldn't get it at a resturant and give up a good steak for fish - but I'm willing to continue to try, so that's a step in the right direction!

Chef Fox mashes a garlic clove while he put his assistant Stephanie to work on the shrimp

Fox's Kitchen - "You're not doing it right... the glaze needs to be spread EVEN... what are you doing???"

(Obviously this is a staged photo op... I did it just right!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am glad that you enjoyed your first experience with Salmon. I am very proud of you that you tried it.

Unknown said...

I can't picture you cooking everyday...are yuo becoming a Food Network junky?