Don't Miss A Thing!

**** I have a tendency to write several blog posts in one sitting. I like to think of it as time management when I have a big block of time to sit down and get caught up. If you check in on the blog from time to time... be sure to scroll down, and you may have to even click onto the next page to be sure you've gotten all the latest Ramsey news. (Blogger has restricted the number of posts I can have on the first page, so I never know what exactly is coming up). Thanks for checking in with us, and following along on Our Great Life Adventure! ****

Monday, June 22, 2009

My Music Man


For those of you that know Chad, you will appreciate this. He'll dance anywhere, throw me into the two step in a hotel lobby if he's had a few drinks and he hears some tunes. And if it's not the Texas Two Step, then it's some "Chad version" of a Latin dance, as long as he's shaking his hips and kicking his feet it feels right to him. (Which reminds me, friends - in a few weeks at Dunbar and Amy's wedding I will be 8 1/2 months PG... feel free to offer yourself up as his dancing partner and give me a rest!)
But singing is a whole other matter. Now I have personally been witness to Chad's memorable voice (especially when he thinks he is the reincarnation of Old Blue Eyes and belts out some Frank Sinatra... and this is without any drinks). But Karaoke? Not that I can recall in the almost 10 years I've known him. However... in the spirit of the team, (and the help of some liquid courage), Chad did just that at his work "outing" with his sales team and boss that were all in Vancouver last week.
Chad sent me a text, and I knew they had already been out for 5 hours that said "Robyn is going to make me to karaoke". My response... "good, I need to meet her, she sounds fun" (Robyn is Chad's manager). I immediately sent a message to Stephanie (of Steph and Paul from Seattle fame). She's working with Chad now and I told her I needed pictures to share with you all. Steph was a good sport and sent them over to me. Yay!
The scene: The Best Western Hotel Bar in Downtown Vancouver
* I could not take out red eye or edit since I copied the pics from another album


Chad let his team pick a song for him... "Back on the Bayou". He didn't really know it. Chad admitted to me himself this was a bit of a disaster. He could read the words of course... but didn't really know how to pull it all together.
Now since he doesn't really know the song, rumor has it he started dancing a bit... the Texas Two Step (not really made to be danced solo). I think through the haze he thought it may provide a distraction, which it did.


Once wasn't enough... Chad had to make another appearance to redeem himself a bit. Steph's notes said he did much better singing "Friends in Low Places". I can picture him kind of enjoying it! :)

No comments: